Daily I’m asked, “What new or unique products are out?” I appreciate the question, but find it fascinating that I’m hardly ever asked if I have suggestions on ways to deliver them. Is that because people are set in their ways and don’t think about what they can do differently to engage their target audience when delivering their promotional products? One of the benefits of advertising your business with promotional swag that makes it stand out from other forms of advertising is that you can target the exact person you want to advertise to. You also choose where they will be when they receive your advertising and you choose how they will receive it. Radio, TV, billboards, newspaper ads, etc. do not have these capabilities. Which makes promotional swag the most cost effective, engaging and targeted medium to advertise your business.
Think about this….Why do you do a trade show? Isn’t the purpose to get in front of prospects, stand out from your competition and build relationships with them so they know, like and trust you then buy from you? If that’s the purpose then what are you doing differently than your competitors? Take a minute and sit back, relax and think if you were exhibiting at a tradeshow and all of your competitors were exhibiting in a long line next to you what would you do to stand out? I’ll give you some hints.
- You can market to your prospects pre-show.
- Invite prospects to the show that you want to build relationships with.
- Invite clients to the show so they can see your new products/services and deepen the connection with them. Even offer to pay for their admission.
- Get a list of attendees and market to them pre-show to drive them to your booth with an incentive.
- You can drive them to your booth with:
- A contest
- A killer show special
- A chance to pick up the other half of the promotional item you sent them in the pre-show mailer.
- Give them incentives along the way.
- Book an appointment at the show and receive a high perceived promotional item.
- Wear our shirt/hat at the show and have the chance of winning $100 when spotted walking around the show floor.
- Hand out a beaded necklace at the show with a number on the medallion. When the two people wearing the same number find each other they come back to your booth and win a prize.
- Have tiered giveaways for attendees
- “tire kickers” get a low level
- Warm leads get a medium level
- Hot leads and existing clients get a high level
- Don’t forget the post show follow up. Now’s your chance to work that relationship and turn them into clients. You didn’t invest all that time and money for nothing!
There are so many ideas I can think of to engage your prospects, advertise your business and make you stand out amongst your competitors whether it’s at a tradeshow, networking or recruiting event, engaging them with your social media, etc.
That’s become my mission. My mission as your Swag Gal is to uncover great ways to use swag to reach your marketing objectives and effectively advertise your business. To show you how NOT to use swag. To teach you how to create magical moments between yourself and your prospects to grow the relationship. All without breaking the bank! And did you know that our eco-friendly and made in the USA products even make Mother Nature smile! Can you say BONUS!?!
SHHHHH…You better keep this secret weapon under wraps so you can get ahead of your competition!