Everyone’s talking about their goals, their resolutions, their plans for the New Year. What I want to know is what are you going to do to achieve them? I know, I know I’m holding your feet to the fire now, but as my parents would tell me….I’m doing this for your own good (and yes, I am)!
Close your eyes for a minute and ask yourself, “Am I really going to buckle down and do the work, take the actions, schedule out my time to achieve what I want. So at the end of the year, I can look back with pride and say, “I did it!”? That’s my ultimate goal for you!
I don’t know if you have ever ended the year disappointed, frustrated, upset with yourself because you didn’t take action on a goal or goals you set and they just remained wishes on a piece of paper? Something that you “should” have done, should have made time for, should have achieved. As I’m sure you know, you can “should” all over yourself all year long and get a big, fat zero for your results! Do you really want to end this year and look back and know that you didn’t succeed? Know that you really didn’t try? Know that you let yourself down? I’ve been there before, it feels like crap! I don’t want you to feel like that.
I want to help you by showing you the process I have to accomplish my marketing goals each year. Before we start, let’s look at the marketing goals you’ve set for yourself. Or should I back up and say, did you set marketing goals for yourself? Or did you just say you were going to increase sales and not reverse engineer how that was going to happen? If you didn’t make a plan on how you were going to do it, then I can almost guarantee you won’t reach your goals.
Let’s look at some statistics. Did you know that only 9.2% of people who make New Year’s Resolutions actually achieve them? Let me say that again…only 9.2% actually achieve them. I want you to be part of that 9.2%. I want you to achieve them! I want you to look at yourself and know you are one of the few, the exceptional, the ELITE!
I want you to increase your sales by having a marketing plan in place for the new year. I want you to finish the year and accomplish your marketing goals, AND by doing so you will earn more money, you will grow your business, you will build stronger relationships with your clients.
Let me give you 4 quick ideas on what to do to create a plan that works and that you will achieve!
- Evaluate: Evaluate what you’re already doing for your marketing, what you have in place and ask yourself is it really working? I mean truly working or are you just doing it because it’s on your to do list? If it’s not working then ask yourself why isn’t it? Is there something you can tweak to make it work? Or is it something that just doesn’t work for you and you should let it go, retire it, have a farewell party and once and for all send it on its way then!
- Brainstorm: Brainstorm new marketing activities you want to do that you believe will grow your sales and give you the results you want. Write them out, think about what skills, education, etc. you need to have in order to be good at it. Which ones do you feel good about doing, really feel will work for you? Score each idea based on how easy it is to implement and how much you believe it will increase your sales so you know which one(s) to tackle first.
- Schedule: Schedule out your marketing calendar. If it’s not on your schedule I promise you; you won’t get it done. Know what you’re doing and when you’ll do it. Don’t over schedule yourself either. Make sure you are realistic about your time, and you build in some “catch up time” into your schedule, or you won’t get it accomplished. I suggest only planning out the next 1-3 months for right now. That way you can see what is working and what isn’t as well as move things around if you don’t get everything you planned accomplished in the time frame you set for yourself. Over scheduling yourself and not accomplishing your plan cause stress, feelings of inadequacy and can make you give up so realize that progress over perfection needs to happen and that on your tough days, baby steps are still steps. Stick with it, and you’ll see the results.
- Support System: Have a support system in place. What do I mean by that? Employees, Virtual Assistants you can delegate to. Have an Accountability Partner, Mastermind Group, Coach and Mentor in place to help you stay on track, give you feedback and brainstorm new ideas. You can’t do everything yourself, and you shouldn’t try to either. You’ll be much more successful if you surround yourself with people who will help you grow. People who lift you up, encourage you, can help you see what is so hard to see in yourself, in what you’re doing that’s not working. People who can help you blast through your blocks. Once I put my support system in place, it changed me and my business. Try it; you won’t be disappointed. You will feel happier, healthier and reduce stress by having a support system.
With these four tips, you WILL have a solid foundation for your marketing plan this year. You’ll know what you are doing and when you’re doing it. You can automate and delegate as much as possible because you know what you’re doing in advance. On those days, weeks when you feel like you’re being pulled in a thousand different directions and your marketing is the last thing on your mind you don’t have to think about what to do. You’ll have it right there in front of you in black and white. You just have to execute!
Evaluate, Brainstorm, Schedule and put your system in place. You got this! I know you can do it and I have your back. I’m here to help you Skyrocket your success!
And no matter what else you do…remember to smile, happy looks good on you. 🙂
Do me 2 favors:
- Share this with a friend or co-worker, so you and I can both help someone else achieve their goals.
- Click on this link and download my FREE 1 page Monthly Marketing Calendar. I’ve made it easy for you to plan out your monthly marketing by just entering what marketing activity you’ll do and when, what your top 3 priorities are that month, what theme you’ll create that month’s marketing around and then evaluate your month when you’re done. This is the monthly marketing calendar that my clients and I use and have great success. All you have to do is go to the link and then download it. I’ll also email it to you for free, so you will always have it.