Watch the video or read the post, it’s your choice. We just want you to consume this the easiest way for you. 🙂
* 93% of converted leads are contacted by the 6th call attempt. [Source: Velocify]
* 80% of sales require five follow-ups. [Source: The Marketing Donut]
* 44% of salespeople give up after one follow-up. [Source: Scripted]
As they say, the fortune IS in the follow-up. Become a follow-up FREAK!
What good is networking, speaking events, developing relationships, pitching your product and so many other elements in the sales and marketing process doing if at the end of the day you aren’t following up AND closing the sale?
Following up is an art in its own right. You have to use your PERSISTENCE while using the proper MESSAGING and COMMUNICATION vehicle that your lead prefers. Prospects have limited time and attention span and a lot competing for their attention, so you need to get in and grab their attention and get them to respond.
Did you know that Microsoft’s research shows the average human’s attention span is now 8 SECONDS? A goldfish has an attention span of 9 seconds. Holy fish-moly, Batman!
Maybe that explains why so many follow-up attempts are needed these days to get a response! Maybe our prospect already forgot that we tried to reach out to them. Maybe they already forgot to respond? Hhhmmm…
Here’s 3 goldfish approved tips to help you FOLLOW-UP after your next speaking event.
1. SCORE all of your leads at the event and follow up accordingly. The simple formula is:
> Hot (ready to buy now)
> Warm (not ready to buy, but will be in the future)
> Cold (unsure if they will ever buy)
*Only 44% of companies are using any kind of lead scoring system [Source: DecisionTree]
2. Layer your follow up efforts to hit them from different ways, online and offline, so they can see it and respond the way THEY want.
> Handwritten cards
> Promotional products marketing
> Social Media
3. Have systems in place BEFORE your event. After your event, you’ll be tired and catching up from getting ready for the event, so it’s important that you have as much of your follow up process done in advance so you aren’t scrambling and causing yourself to fail.
> Have a follow-up system in place with your follow-ups SCHEDULED on your calendar showing when you’re following up and what you’ll be saying. If it’s not scheduled, it won’t happen.
> If you’re emailing them have a basic script already typed up that you can easily make adjustments to depending on the person.
> If you are giving a gift when they meet with you, have it ready to GO.
> If you’ll be doing hand written cards, then stamp and put the return address on them BEFOREHAND and make sure you have plenty in stock.
> If you’re sending out welcome kits, then have them DONE and ready to go.
> Automate and prepare anything that you possibly can in advance. The more you do the greater your SUCCESS.
> Have a NURTURING system in place to move the prospect into if they say they aren’t ready to buy now or are unresponsive. This nurturing system should have monthly touches built-in. It needs to add value to your prospect while showing them how you can solve their problem(s).
* Nurtured leads produce, on average, a 20% increase in sales opportunities versus non-nurtured leads.
[Source: DemandGen Report]
* Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. [Source: The Annuitas Group]
I’m a HUGE believer in systems. Having systems wins the game! I know a lot of you are visual so here’s an image from my Magnetic Marketing Road Map System so you can see how the road takes you from a lead, to a client, to a referral and the stops you’ll make along the way. I’ve given you a lot of tools in this 3-part series (see links to other 2 parts below). Now it’s your job to implement! If you don’t implement, then you’re “leaving MONEY on the table” as they say.
If you’d like to have my From Speaking To Sales! The step by step follow-up system to converting your HOT, WARM & COLD leads so all you have to do is follow it, along with what to say along the way then just click here and download it for just $5! If you need any help, I’m always here to help you just shoot an email over to me.
Remember everyone you meet has the potential to be a client of yours. It’s up to you if they will be. Here’s one of my favorite quotes and some wise words from Jay Danzie illustrating this perfectly. Ask yourself, how are you leaving people after an experience with you?
Hugs and high fives,
P.S. Remember to smile, happy looks good on you! If you have a topic, you’d like me to do a blog post about let me know by clicking here.
Will you do me a favor: Share this on Facebook, with a friend or co-worker, so you and I can both help someone else achieve their goals.
Don’t forget to check out our previous blog post:
- Top tips to CAPTURE more leads at your next speaking event! And how to turn them into clients – Part 2
- Top tips to CAPTURE more leads at your next speaking event! And how to turn them into clients – Part 1
- Sneak peak on how we create our self-promotions to stand out from our competition. And how you can do them too.