Watch the video or read below, it’s your choice. We just want you to consume this the easiest way for you. 🙂
How do you come up with this stuff! I hear that all the time when I’m creating marketing pieces for myself and my clients. It is an awesome feeling and I want you to have that too!
Imagine sitting down to a project and you feel like “I got this! I know exactly what I’m going to do”, or at least know the process that you need to go through to get to where you want to be.
I believe that there are three reasons why people do not believe they’re creative.
- They don’t exercise their creativity.
- They do not believe in their ability to be creative.
- They don’t know how to spark their creativity.
Have you ever felt that you aren’t creative? Have you ever sat down to do a creative project and just felt completely stuck? You couldn’t even come up with a single idea? Today I’m going to show you how you can avoid ever feeling like that again by using my five step process. The exact process that I go through every time I am creating a marketing piece.
*Watch the video to see the process I went through to create this marketing piece for Star Wars Day.
Step 1: Know what your end goal is.
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your objective?
- Your budget?
- Your deadline?
- What call-to-action to use?
- What is your theme?
Step 2: Brainstorm and select your winning idea.
- Have a time restriction for this or you can go on for hours. Set a timer on your phone and get into a place where there are no distractions.
- Make sure you have a swipe file. A file that you store ideas you’ve seen that you like to help spark your creativity.
- Come up with your main idea/theme/message.
- Come up with the promo item to use.
- Then show your creative team the idea you like best and get their input.
Step 3: Strategy for execution.
- Drive clients from offline to online or vice-versa.
- Brainstorm how else you can use this for your marketing. I suggest at least a 3 tiered approach so you are hitting people who they like to be communicated with.
- Direct Mail
- Social Media
Step 4: Sketching out the design.
- Think what words, visuals, etc. you are going to be putting on the marketing piece and your promotional item.
Step 5: Design, produce, assemble and send
- Create the design and imprint on the promotional item. Then show your Creative Team the final artwork and get their approval.
- Send everything into production
- When all done, assemble it and get it out into the world!
There you go! That is the five-step process that I use when I’m creating a marketing piece for my clients to get them to really stand out. I hope that showing you how I actually go through this process (see video) helps you come up with ways that you can be more creative because I know you are!
If you found this to be helpful please share this with three people. We want to help you and others to be more creative, successful and to create marketing that really gets attention. Marketing that builds relationships and makes you stand out! Go out there and start creating exceptional marketing today. If you need help, I’m always here to help you.
Hugs and high 5’s,
1. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog. That’s where you’re going to get these types of tips to help you with your business every time they’re posted.
2. Don’t have a marketing calendar? I have you covered! You know that people with systems have the greatest success. Click on the image below to download my FREE Monthly Marketing Calendar Worksheet. I’ve made it easy to plan out your monthly marketing activities.
- Enter what marketing activity you’ll do and when
- List your top 3 priorities that month
- The theme you’ll create that month’s marketing around then follow your plan.
- When the month’s done, evaluate it and tweak what’s not working.
Don’t forget to check out our previous blog post:
- Pulling back the curtains! Showing you how to create an offline marketing piece to engage your target audience and drive sales online.Golf games and giveaways! Ideas to make your next golf tournament score a hole in one- Part 2 of 2
- It’s a bird, it’s a plane…no, it’s a super cool, creative promotion idea for your superhero clients and employees!
- Golf, games and giveaways! Ideas to make your golf tournament score a hole in one – Part 2 of 2