Watch the video or read below, it’s your choice. We just want you to consume this the easiest way for you. 🙂
What does a great salesperson, poker player, and criminal all have in common? They all know non-verbal communication. Whether giving it or receiving it, they are experts at it. Non-verbal communication helps with the trust factor, influence, and persuasion.
People use their hands all the time. If you’re watching what they’re doing with their hands you’re going to be able to pick up on a lot of things. If you start picking up what they’re doing and you start matching and mirroring them then they’re going to feel like “You are like me, you understand me”.
If you see somebody with their hands around them, it either means they feel unsafe and trying to protect themselves, or they’re feeling empowered.
If you see somebody touch their neck, it means they feel threatened, unsafe, there’s an issue. Stop and think about what you are saying to them at that time and how can you change it.
If you see somebody rubbing their hands it means they’re stressed.
If you see somebody rubbing themselves. That either means they’re cold or they’re uncomfortable with what you’re saying to them.
If you see somebody with their fingers interlocked or they’re rubbing their hands with extended fingers that means something is really wrong.
If you ever see someone steepling. This means they’re confident.
Thumb displays are used by royalty and people in powerful positions. That’s when they have their hand in the pocket and only their thumb is showing.
Spreading the arms out, taking up more space, sitting in a chair and they’re spread out. Just taking up more room than really necessary is a very alpha position. If you have two people together and one starts posturing the other person you’ll see will shrink in. That means they’re more submissive.
If you see somebody self-ventilate, that’s where they take their collar and they’re moving it away from their neck. It means something’s really went wrong, there’s something going on, there’s an issue there, and you need to figure out what that is.
If you’re talking to somebody and they put their finger over their eye and just kind of swipe it quickly. That’s a sign that something’s wrong. Blind children do this. They cover their eyes when they hear something they don’t want to hear.
Pointing of the finger. We don’t like a finger pointed at us. If you’re trying to build rapport and influence, and you’re pointing at somebody, you’re not going to build it.
If somebody is doing the same action over and over again with their hands and all of a sudden it changes. That means they’re either excited or distressed by what you’re saying.
Handshake, we all know that’s a great first impression. When you go in for the handshake, don’t have that limp fish or that strong arm either. You want a nice firm handshake.
If you found this useful, please share it out and send it over to somebody that you know. Put it on social media. Make sure you follow and subscribe to us. I have a goal of helping people grow their business by helping businesses build deeper relationships with their clients.
There’s going to be two other videos. One video will be on using the other body parts that are non-verbal and the other one is on micro-expressions. Those will be coming out after this video so make sure you check them out and level up your trust, influence and non-verbal skills.
Hugs and high 5’s,
1. Don’t forget to follow our blog. That’s where you’re going to get these types of tips to help you with your business every time they’re posted.
2. Don’t have a marketing calendar? I have you covered! You know that people with systems have the greatest success. Click on the image below to download my FREE Monthly Marketing Calendar Worksheet. I’ve made it easy to plan out your monthly marketing activities.
- Enter what marketing activity you’ll do and when
- List your top 3 priorities that month
- The theme you’ll create that month’s marketing around then follow your plan.
- When the month’s done, evaluate it and tweak what’s not working.
Don’t forget to check out our previous blog post:
- Get their attention with these corporate holiday gift ideas that will fit your budget and make you memorable!Have an event coming up? Here’s some quick tips to improve your marketing for it to get better results!
- 3 things that will help you stand out from the crowd when networking!
- Have an event coming up? Here’s some quick tips to improve your marketing for it to get better results!